nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis of Dynamic Structures
Learn how to perform vibration fatigue analysis on structures that experience dynamic stresses using nCode DesignLife with online instructor-led training!
Resonance and dynamic effects can lead to large stress cycles that can be very damaging and reduce product life. This instructor-led online course investigates fatigue life prediction techniques specific to structures that experience dynamic stresses and explores methods that account for the critical interaction between dynamic excitation and structural response. nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis of Dynamic Structures builds upon our introductory course to nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis using FEA Results. It provides an in-depth view of vibration fatigue prediction, including analysis methods in both time and frequency domains. An emphasis is placed on hands-on comparisons of different dynamic analysis techniques so you’ll learn best engineering practices while gaining software proficiency.
Nos cours en ligne sont dispensés en temps réel avec un instructeur disponible pour répondre aux questions.
- Import geometry and dynamic stresses into DesignLife from all major finite element (FE) software like ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, Altair OptiStruct, etc.
- Recognize the role of vibration in fatigue
- Compare and contrast between time domain and frequency domain approaches to fatigue analysis
- Become proficient with time domain methods
- Become proficient with frequency domain methods
- Learn to replicate physical shaker tests on a virtual shaker table
- Create analysis processes for single axis and multiple axis random excitation
- Introduction to dynamic fatigue
- Improving computational efficiency with modal FE results
- Tips and tricks for software proficiency
- Dynamic fatigue under transient loading
- The direct transient method
- The modal transient method
- Dynamic fatigue in the frequency domain
- Sine sweep
- Random PSD with single axis excitation
- Random PSD with sequential multiaxial excitation
- Dynamic fatigue in the frequency domain (continued)
- Random PSD with simultaneous multiaxial excitation
- Sine on random PSD
This advanced course is aimed at engineers who have completed nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis using FEA Results and would like to take a more in-depth look into predicting fatigue life on products that experience dynamic stresses. It is assumed that attendees have familiarity with FE modeling practices and general structural analysis concepts.
Prenscia Academy Online courses require the use of a computer with a licensed nCode software installation. All registrants will receive a temporary nCode software license to fulfill this requirement. The instructor will use a webcam for visibility. Attendee use of webcam is optional, however audio/microphone devices are necessary.
The knowledge of course "nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis using FEA Results" is required.
How to register for your course
Register easily via the corresponding button on this page. We will do the rest and send you a registration confirmation and further information by e-mail. You are also welcome to request individual appointments with us in this way.