nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis using FEA Results
Learn how to perform CAE-based fatigue analysis with nCode DesignLife with online instructor-led training!
nCode DesignLife: Fatigue Analysis using FEA Results provides an overview of fatigue life prediction techniques and offers instructor-led sessions where you will learn how to use nCode DesignLife software to perform fatigue analysis using stresses from computer aided engineering (CAE) tools. An emphasis is placed on hands-on comparisons of different analysis techniques so you’ll learn best engineering practices while gaining software proficiency.
Our ONLINE courses are delivered in real-time with an instructor available to answer questions.
- Import geometry and stresses into DesignLife from all major finite element (FE) software like ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, Altair OptiStruct, etc.
- Define fatigue loading, from simple cycles to measured loading histories to vibration profiles
- Assign material fatigue properties
- Assess fatigue life with methods like stress-life (SN) and strain-life (EN) time domain
- Generate virtual stress and strain histories
- Apply stress superposition and multiple FE load cases
- Explore stress combination methods and plasticity corrections
- Identify and interpret fatigue hotspots
- Create reusable fatigue analysis templates
- Getting started with nCode software
- Introduction to fatigue and durability
- A comparison of fatigue analysis methods
- Using the stress-life (SN) and strainlife (EN) methods for life prediction
- The importance of material fatigue properties
- Fatigue under multiaxial loading
- Accounting for multiaxial stresses
- Elasticity and plasticity in durability analysis
- Introduction to DesignLife’s advanced edit interface
- Automated multi-run analysis for efficiently analyzing large models
- Tips and tricks for software proficiency
- Defining fatigue loading
- Taking advantage of Miner’s Rule for damage accumulation
- Advanced features
- Running DesignLife interactively and in batch
- Virtual Strain Gauge and techniques for correlating with measured strain
The course is aimed at engineers who need to predict fatigue life from FE-derived stresses. It is assumed that attendees are familiar with FE modeling practices and general structural analysis concepts. No prior working knowledge of nCode software is required. This course will briefly cover fatigue theory, but focuses more on using these concepts in software. Attendees looking to learn more about the background of fatigue theory are encouraged to attend our 2-day course called Practical Fatigue Theory.
Your course requires the use of a computer with a licensed nCode software installation and an audio device with a microphone. All registrants will receive a temporary nCode software license. The instructor will make use of their own webcam. Webcams for attendees is optional.
How to register for your course
Register easily via the corresponding button on this page. We will do the rest and send you a registration confirmation and further information by e-mail. You are also welcome to request individual appointments with us in this way.